Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
MiguelBoozer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9800 black screen

My phone turns on but my screen doesn't, the red light come on and so does the buttons but the screen stays black.

The screen doesn't have a back light neither. I took out the battery to reset it but that didn't work either. What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Torch 9800 black screen

There can be a couple of things that can trigger this. One initial suggestion is to see if it's a software issue by attempting to reload the software on the phone. To do that, follow the steps in the link below:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Your computer may or may not recognize the device. If it doesn't recognize the device in Step 2, unplug the phone from your computer and remove the battery. Then plug your Torch back in and as soon as you see your PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN pop up, click Next. Once you've made it to Step 3, you can reinsert your battery and continue with the OS reload.

Now then, that's one possibility, but to be honest, I think it's more likely that you're dealing with a hardware issue. It may just be a dead screen, or it may be a faulty motherboard. If your phone is still under warranty, take it into your carrier for assistance. If it's not longer under warranty, you can try checking at a cellphone repair shop to see if they can easily diagnose the problem. They should be able to let you know the cost of any repairs so that you can decide if it's worth it for you.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.