Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Torch 9800, Network provider, O2 UK.

Although my BlackBerry service with O2 is connected and working as normal, I am totally without email on my Torch 9800. I have owned the Torch 9800 since March. All has been well until last week when I changed the password on one of the 3 email accounts I had set up on my device.  This password change left one of the accounts unable to send or receive mail, and is also what lead me to discover that I could not enter email set up on my device or via my network providers website ( www.o2email.co.uk ) .

I have spent hours on the phone with O2 discussing this issue. The usual checks and procedures have been carried out, battery pulls, checking settings etc and the service books have been deleted and resent several times. These actions have not resolved the problem but instead led to the loss from my device of the other 2 email accounts which were working correctly but have now disappeared into thin air. Having tried all possible solutions with O2 I now come here looking for an answer.

When I visit my Network Providers BlackBerry mail service trying to create an account using my pin etc,  I am without fail getting a pop up box containing  the error message ''Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your devive to access BlackBerry Internet Service''  !?  The result is the same whether I log in from my device over 3G or Wireless, or from a PC (have tried several browsers) .

On my device, when I click on the Email Accounts icon from the setup menu nothing happens, no response at all. I have tried many times and there is just no way to set up or edit mail accounts. I am without mail on my device and growing increasingly short of patience.

I am now hoping somebody here can offer me some advice on how to resolve this issue. What use is a BlackBerry without email capabilities ? I see from researching email set up problems on the Torch 9800 that I am not alone here so if somebody at BlackBerry is listening ? If this is a Torch 9800 issue then I am sure you will be doing all you can to resolve this but in the meantime PLEASE help by offering a solution to the issues I have mentioned.

Thanks

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Welcome to the forums, bs342!

Well, since you searched the forums, you are undoubtedly aware that the problem you report is unfortunately a common one these days.  The good news is that RIM is definitely aware of and working on the problem.

First, let's try something on your computer.  What browser are you using?  Your problem there might just be as simple as clearing cache in your browser, then closing and reopening the browser to try the website again.

If that doesn't work, try this:

From your device's browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed this issue.

Please let us know how it goes!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply.

Have tried both of the above.

Using Win 7, IE9 and also from another PC using Firefox, I receive the original error message ''Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your devive to access BlackBerry Internet Service'' .

Using my device I got a glimmer of hope when I logged onto mobile.blackberry.com and proceeded to set up mail accounts as instructed but upon clicking the mail provider icons,  the web page crashed to JBosWebb error report/HTTP Status 500 and a page full of text detailing a server/java error.

I will continue to try this and possibly screen capture. Any further suggestions welcome.

Trusted Contributor

Update ... That was with my device connected to a wireless network. Have tried again over 3G and am currently in the process of validating my accounts which are listed. Fingers crossed.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow ! Thanks Boomer56, genius, you have solved a crisis that has been driving me nuts. What O2 couldn't tell me during hours of telephone conversations, you told and resolved in minutes though to be fair to O2 they have been more than helpful in trying to resolve this issue.

Followed your advice to visit mobile.blackberry.com from my device and enter email setup that way, although it failed first time due to being on a Wi-Fi network, on the second attempt over 3G it has worked. All 3 email accounts validated, activation mail received from server and test emails sent and received.

Grateful for the fast response and solution provided from Boomer56 through this forum. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've tried this method but receiving an error message:  The site cannot be accessed in this manner.  Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider.  Any help is appriciated.  Thanks!

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

sphimmasone123 wrote:

I've tried this method but receiving an error message:  The site cannot be accessed in this manner.  Please use the URL or link provided to you by your service provider.  Any help is appriciated.  Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!  With which method are you getting that error?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Tried 3G by going to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.  Tried to integrate Gmail however an error message was displayed.

Forums Veteran I

Sorry about that.  Try clearing your browser cache/cookies, etc.

Open the browser and press the BB menu button, then select Options and scroll all the way to the bottom.  Do a battery pull after that, then try again.

New Contributor

Hi I tried your sugguestion as well but the problem still persists.  Please help!