Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: vodaphone

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Hi all,

i found that if I clicked on any oneof my email accicons and opened the account , then clicked the BB button and selected options,> email preferences, i could then access any acccount and edit it. or create a new one.

however the set up icon was still frozen and here is the wayto fix that as well as explanation of why it happens.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26055

I used my desktop SW, removed the email SW and re-installed it,icon works and so all accounts.

hope this helps.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bmobile

Re: Torch 9800 ''email set up icon not responding'' ... unable to edit or set up email accounts.

Hello All,

I have been having the issue of not being able to run the email setup from the default setup menu.  I followed the following instructions as posted in one of the previous threads, and works perfectly.

Going to the email browser to mobile.blackberry.com and integrating a new email address.....

follow the necessary steps

and.......voila, it worked

hope this helps...........having a blackberry and not being able to access emails sucks!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i follow this method ,go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed this issue. but the web page crashed to JBosWebb error report/HTTP Status 500 and a page full of text detailing a server/java error.
what i do for blackberry torch 9800 still my email account set up not responding when i click it.. PLAESE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.. THANKS..

New Contributor

i follow this method ,go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed this issue. but the web page crashed to JBosWebb error report/HTTP Status 500 and a page full of text detailing a server/java error.
what i do for blackberry torch 9800 still my email account  ICON  set up not responding when i click it.. PLAESE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.. THANKS..

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Be sure you are trying to access the webpage over the 3G connection - disconnect any WiFi connections and it should work.  I have to do this every month when I'm forced to change my email password.  Pain in the butt, but it works as long as you are connected over 3G only.

New Contributor

yeah thank you its working the procedure that you have share on my post but my problem of my balckberry torch 9800 when i click email account icon on set up folder on my it will respond the email account icon any body can help me towork my icon of my email account PLEASE HELP...TELL ME WHAT WILL I DO....THANKS..

New Contributor

yeah thank you its working the procedure that you have share on my post but the problem of my balckberry torch 9800 when i click email account icon on set up folder  it will not responding  the email account icon same as nothing happen when you click it.. any body can help me the procedure how to fixed the email account icon on the set up folder of my blackberry torch 9800... PLEASE HELP...TELL ME WHAT WILL I DO....THANKS

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

From your device's browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup. You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed this issue.

Please let us know how it goes!

Re: this worked for me ! Thanks a bunch !!

My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Setar, Aruba

This link really DID.I've been unable to receive emails on my BB-9800 for more than 2 weeks before i tried this link and it worked immediately.

Thanks, it really felt awfully good.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Fido

I've tried everything... I've followed the instructions "go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email. " when I select Country (Canada) there is no COMMUNICATE option anywhere... please help!!!