Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Roger777
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 ringer

Hi - I'm new to Blackberry (like today !)

When I receive a call it rings once then at the bottom of screen says "ringer off" - how do I get it to ring all the time so I dont miss a call ?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Torch 9800 ringer

Welcome to the forums, Roger!

Open your Profiles manager from your home screen, scroll to the bottom where you'll see an option to change your profile settings.  This is where you'll be able to set your active profile.  Go into the phone profile where you can change your ringtone, number of rings, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roger777

Thanks Boomer BUT the Torch 9800 does not seem to have a 'profiles manager' on the home screen or anywhere ?

I'm stumped !

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

[ Edited ]

Sure it does.....you're just missing it.  :smileyhappy:

The quickest way to get to it is from the notifications area.  On the left side there's a little speaker, which is your profile manager.  The Search function (magnifying glass) is on the other side.  Your notifications all appear between those two.  Just tap on the speaker and it'll take you into the Profile Manager.

The icon for Profiles looks just like that speaker, but on your applications screen.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roger777

I said I was new to Blackberry !!!

OK I've gone into 'profiles' and it's set to 'loud' - if I go to 'change sounds & alerts'  it lets me change ringtones but not how many times it rings.  I've been on to 'ORANGE' & they tell me I have to change the settings for the number of rings by ringing my message service.  They also told me to try changing the ringtone, which I've done, and it now rings all the time - unfortunately it still gives the message on the bottom of screen 'ringer off'

Still it's better, thanks for your help Boomer.

Roger777

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Good deal, then.  We're on the right track.

Let's try a battery pull to see if we can get rid of that "Ringer Off" message.  With your device powered ON, remove the battery for a couple of minutes, then replace it.  See if that eliminates the message.

Cheers!  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roger777

Sorry, still no good.

I'm not sure i've described it properly !  The 'Ringer Off' sign at the bottom of screen is only there when the phone is ringing - not a real problem just annoying.  I've also been on to Orange answer machine and there is no option to increase number of rings before answer machine cuts in.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Roger777:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Yes, I understand.  Definitely annoying and not right, especially if you've changed the profile settings.

If there's no option within your voicemail settings to change the number of rings, then this is something that Orange would have to do.  Odd they told you it could be changed within voicemail settings if indeed it can't.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ckmurali
My Device: TORCH 9800

I too have same problem and i am stuck with it since last week. I missed many important calls. Is there any one who could help me before I   gert rid off this high tech equipment  and go for a simple phone ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ckmurali
My Device: TORCH 9800

This worked for my BB. Ensure the power is ON while removing the bettery, in order to reset error
Please use plain text.