01-02-2012 11:19 PM
My BB Torch 9800 is stuck in a reboot loop. I have tried reinstalling the OS using the AppLoader, tried simply hitting "Update" from my Desktop Manager, I have essentially tried everything I have found online about a "nuked or bricked BB". I have been working on this for days.
The problem is that, because of the reboot loop, my phone will not stay connected to my computer long enough for anything to actually happen. I get the error message "Unable to maintain JVC connection" or something along the lines of "Your device is not connected, please reconnect, enter your password and continue".
I have had this phone for a year and love it. I made an investment in a BB product and I expect it to last more than one year! Can someone please help me out? If I need to take it in for service, so I simply return to the store where it was purchased?
Thank you in advance!
01-03-2012 10:10 AM
Hi, I had this with my little sisters Storm 2 9520, I simply downloaded the device software from www.blackberry.com then go into apps/downloads i think it said and on the left hand of the screen you should see device software. My sisters phone stayed connected aswell whilst it was downloading it and worked straight away but you will loose your apps etc.
Try it all her faults were exactly the same as yours.
01-03-2012 11:45 AM
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
02-27-2012 02:32 PM - edited 02-27-2012 02:38 PM
I had the same issue, and it occured when I tried to install a new App. After some digging, it seems there may be a limit on the number of Apps that can be installed on the 9800 (independent of memory availability). I was able to use bbloader to delete an app to allow the device to get out of the loop. It's a bit tricky to get in at the righ point just before the reset, but I did get it done.
Try this and see if it works.
06-25-2012 12:33 PM
Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?
I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?
If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.
When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.