Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
crambdf
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Torch 9800 stuck on loading screen - PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone,

I had to restart my Torch 9800 after deleting an application. I pressed "Restart now", it went to the booting/start up screen with the BlackBerry logo and the loading bar at the bottom but then the loading bar froze at the very end.

I tried the ALT + right MAJ + DEL "soft reset" and the battery pull many times but the loading bar kept freezing at the same point everytime. I even removed the battery for a day but nothing changed.

The BlackBerry Desktop Software on my computer recognizes it as a Torch 9800 but is unable to connect to the terminal.

I've seen on a forum that you can try to use AppLoader.exe to restore the OS. I'm not sure I did that right though but anyway AppLoader couldn't proceed the step of the connection to my terminal. It recognizes it, asks for the password but can't connect to it. It is kind of as soon as the loading bar freezes, AppLoader is unable to perform anything that could save my Torch.

I am new to BlackBerry phones and smartphones in general so I hope this is clear enough. I spent the past 3 days on the web searching for a "cure" and I really hope someone here as any idea of what is going on with my phone.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate any contribution that could help me out.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pegotico

Re: Torch 9800 stuck on loading screen - PLEASE HELP!

you probably need to wipe the device with Jl_cmdr (google) and then reload the OS (download latest OS)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Latest-OS-6-0-0-526/td-p/1013645

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crambdf

Thanks Pegotico, I'll try to wipe it via JL_cmder tonight. Do you know if the applications I have will remain on my device after I wipe the OS?

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pegotico

before wiping it try this one more time (yes all apps will be deleted) and when you update the os you have to enter all registration info (serials) on many apps

1 install the latest desktop manager (download and install)

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

2- install the latest OS (6.0.0.546)

http://www.vodafone.de/business/blackberry-support/blackberry-torch-9800_158961.html

3- disconnect internet, go to program files (x86) / common files / research in motion / apploader folder

and delete the vendor file, right there open the apploader exe and connect your blackberry.

If that doesnt work well then wipe it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crambdf

So, when I first installed the OS (6.0.0.546) following the procedure, things remained nearly unchanged. Instead of freezing at the end, the loading bar was freezing at the 3/4. I pulled the battery out for a minute. Reinstalled the OS (6.0.0.546) via AppLoader a second time and NOW IT'S WORKING AGAIN !

I lost all my apps because I've never made any back-ups, but I'll take that as a lesson learned.

Thank you so much Pegotico !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pegotico

well I'm glad the worst is over and you were able to solve the problem. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LFLimon
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Brilliant! I had the same problem, and this solved it. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jay2317
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&t

So I deleted the vendor file but when I clicked on the Loader file, after disconnected the internet, it can not find my phone. How does this work? When i plug my blackberry in the usb slot should i leave it with the battery in or out? I tried both and my computer cant seem to detect it. Please help
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pegotico

is your phone detected by desktop manager when you connect  to the computer?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jay2317
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&t

No, the desktop software does detect my blackberry when i plug it up
Please use plain text.