Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 8900

Torch 9800 will not synch

I had a Windows failure that has resulted in all programmes having to be re-installed, including Blackberry Desktop. Now when I connect the Torch 9800 to my computer the programme opens and the model is recognised but it fails to connect to synchronise. Error message - "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot comunicate with the connected device".

How can I solve this problem as all the requisite conditions for connection have been fulfilled.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Torch 9800 will not synch

Sounds like Windows doesn't have the drivers loaded for USB.  Did you reinstall windows on the computer?  Sounds like a driver problem on the computer.  If you didn't install windows, can you check with who did?  Is there another computer you can test this on?  that will narrow down the source of the problem.

My Device: Torch 8900

Yeah! Windows was re-installed from the Dell image that comes with the Restore feature on the computer. THe computer was acquired within the last few months and when BDS was intalled then there was no problem with connections so I guess it was OK for the drivers then.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

If it works on another computer, then the issue is with windows on that restored computer.