Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
smartkm
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9800 wont start up/keeps rebooting after it gets 1% loaded....wont connect to pc

I cannot get my Torch 9800 to turn on.  My battery died suddenly and I put it on to charge and it keeps trying to turn on, but turns right back off and starts over again.  Before that happened, my green and red buttons stopped working.  Please help!  I must have my phone!!

Please use plain text.
Drea912

Re: Torch 9800 wont start up/keeps rebooting after it gets 1% loaded....wont connect to pc

Same here, but I was doing a software update and it just died.  The LED flashes red twice every cople seconds.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smartkm

Re: Torch 9800 wont start up/keeps rebooting after it gets 1% loaded....wont connect to pc

Does BB ever look at these and post answers?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smartkm

Just read where to get an answer you may need more information????  although it states you will ask the questions and I haven't received any acknowledgement whatsoever.

Since my 1st post; it will now reboot up to about 85% before starting all over.  I normally charge my battery every night while I sleep (I use the phone for my alarm clock and don't want it dying).  The last two nights I couldn't find my wall charger so I charged with my pc... I select the Charge phone only option on the phone when connecting. 

Events as they happened today:

1st the lights on the bottom of the phone started all blinking and were not working.  After about 30 min; that stopped and green and red lights were only ones not working.  I was able to still use the phone using the curser pad thing. (sorry not a techy).  When lights started blinking, I took out my battery and put back in; they were still blinking.  After a while of no use of green/red buttons, I took out battery again.  Still didn't work.

Then a few hours later my battery went from almost full to red and the phone vibrated and shut off.  Since then; I have tried removing the battery; re-inserting....charging with wall charger, charging with pc.  Nothing is helping except that it now gets to about 85% loaded before starting all over again.  PLEASE HELP! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
caza
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: 3

same thing has happened to mine two days ago and it is still broken! Ive tried everything. i think they let out a faulty upgrade???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
caza
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: 3

Please use plain text.