Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
karolm
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Torch 9810 Problems

I'm very frustrated with the number of apps that don't work on my new Torch 9810.  I had the "old" Torch and 86 applications are showing as "unavailable for device".  I would not have upgraded had I known my banking and several other high volume popular apps would not function (Cineplex, Airmiles, CNN, etc. to name a few).  While I understand after inquiring (should have been advised up front!)  that the devlopers have to update apps to be compatible with OS7 ... I think RIM or someone should "mass message" them to update apps so users are not frustrated.  I'm tired of waiting ... can you not do something?  

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the fastest route for you is contact the developers of those 86 applications and ask them to release a new version compatible with OS7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
karolm

How do I find out all the 86 developers?  This is a ridiculous solution!

Guru I
Xandrex

okay karolm,

you can of course do nothing. It will not make things slower, but it won't speed things either. It is your call.

I don't need those 86 apps. You do.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
karolm

You must be the RUDEST help desk person I have ever corresponded with!!!  If you properly read my message, I don't know HOW to reach 86 developers and asked for HELP!  Doesn't it make logical sense that Blackberry / RIM should be able to mass message these developers to update their programs to be compatible with OS7??  Other that that, I truly don't know how to reach developers and was asking for your assistance.  Your terrible response was rude and arrogant ... is there a SUPERVISOR that I can deal with instead of you, because I haven't gotten anywhere other than very angry that I contacted Blackberry today.  Customers should never be treated that way!!

Guru I
Xandrex

hello karolm,

I think there is a misunderstanding. You are writing on a community forum. The contributors here are mere BlackBerry owners, just like you. And they spend part of their free time to help people asking questions.
I own a 8900 device, as well as a PlayBook and a Pearl3G. I do not work for RIM, I do not work for Bell Mobility, and I do not work for you.

That being said, several months before OS7 was officially released, RIM did send out emails to all the developers that have already published an application in AppWorld. Maybe it was not enough, I do not know.

But I know that when I got my Pearl3G, I was in the same position as you. There were several applications (let's face it, mainly games) that I had on my previous device (a Storm2) and that were not available for the Pearl3G yet. I simply contacted the developers of those games and asked them when the Pearl3G version was supposed to be available. Some answered (and I was happy), others did not.

To know the email address of the support of a given application, simply use a desktop browser (or your previous BlackBerry smartphone) and go to the page of the application, the email is in the right column.

For example for CNN : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/6273

for CinePlex : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18386

for AirMiles : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13758

Please remember I don't work for you. Would you talk that way to someone owning the same car or the same sneakers as you?

You can be happy with at least getting some non non-sense advise from me. I believe all the other replies you will get further on will only be rants.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

karolm wrote:

is there a SUPERVISOR that I can deal with instead of you, because I haven't gotten anywhere other than very angry that I contacted Blackberry today.

karolm, as was stated above, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.

He actually answered your question to the best of one's ability. RIM does not control the independent developers. They decide "is it worth it for me to upgrade my apps to OS7" and go from there. Of course, your influence on the developer is important, just as if your favorite grocer stopped carrying the new upgraded wheat bread your taste buds desired. Your input to that grocer would likely have high influence since you choose to spend your dollars there.

Would I contact 86 developers? No.

But I would email those 3-5 vendors whose apps I use the very very most.

And, so should you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
shannonlal
My Device: 9810

Anyone know when UMA WIFI calling will be available on the 9810? I jumped onto the new Torch and have to say it has been an extremely frustrating expereince.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You've already asked that question in other threads in the forum ,... no need to repeat it here when it is off-topic.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/UMA-support-for-Torch-2/m-p/1290835

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ShAgUn

PLS HELP .. SUPER SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MY 9810. VERY VERY SERIOUS...!!! CANT LIVE !!!!!

I just got an blackberry torch 9810 about 1 week ago and now i have come accross a very serious problem  with this device.

Sometimes.

When someone calls me.  I CANT HEAR HIS/HER VOICE.

When i try to call a number or contact. IT DOES NOT CONNECT.

When i try to hear to music . NOTHING PLAYS EVEN WHEN I PRESS THE PLAY BUTTON.

When i try to watch a video. NOTHING PLAYS AND WHEN I SELECT A VIDEO. THE PHONE HANGS WITH A BLACK SCREEN. I HAVE TO PRESS THE CANCEL CALL KEY TO GET OUT OF IT.

my tries to fix this.

Turned OFF and ON many time. => NOTHING ... ! STILL THE SAME.

Battery pull and 1 min wait. => BAZINGA.. !! IT WORKS BUT ONLY TEMPORARILY . IT HAPPENS AGAIN.. !

INTERNET SEARCH.. => NO ARTICLE FOUND.

OTHER PROBLEMS.

THE BROWSER CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET EVEN WHEN CONNECTED TO WIFI.

BLACKBERRY APP WORLD IS NOT OPERATIONAL.

VOICE SEARCH IS NEVER AVAILABLE.

PLS GUYS HELP ME. I AM A BLACKBERRY ADDICT ... !!! PLS . SOS..