Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
stephielb
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810 - SMS Error Message

Hi - First time posting on here - I appreciate any and all help - Thanks!

I just upgraded from my Torch 9800 to the Torch 9810 on Wednesday. I never had a problem transferring from my 8520 to my 9800 or my prior device to my 8520. It's quite self explanatory.  However, this time, I have had nothing but a problem.  So much so that I even brought back my phone because I thought there was something wrong with the device itself on Thursday and was given a brand new one - all they did was register it with AT&T so I may begin using it.  I do understand that the 9800 has OS6 and the 9810 has OS7; however, is nothing compatible?  Fine, I'll accept that less than 1/2 a dozen of my applications/games, etc transferred over.  As long as my contacts (a bunch were either incorrect or never transferred), calendar, and memos transferred I will survive - My life is on this phone!  Now to my issue:

I am receiving the following error message with every single SMS message received: "BlackBerry message memory is full! Please delete some SMS messages."  First, yes, I have my setting set to keep messages forever.  However, this is for a personal reason and for one specific person.  I had over 27,000 text messages which were all on my Torch 9800.  I now have approximately 16,000.  I have deleted all of the messages which I possibly can.  Again, the original 27,000 messages were on my Torch 9800 without any problem.

I have the following in regards to Total Space vs. Free Space:

Application Storage Free Space - 198.9 MB

Built in Media Total - 6.2 GB

Free Space - 5.6 GB

Media Card Storage Total - 3.6 GB (settings set to warn me prior to using the last 0.4)

Free Space - 2.2 GB

I do not understand what the reasoning is for the error message.

Also, I cannot locate ANYWHERE on this phone where I can select the option to save SMS Messages to my SIM card.  I had this option and used it on my 9800.

If anyone is able to assist me in both of these questions, I would appreciate this immensely!

Thank you in advance! :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
gtomega
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Torch 9810 - SMS Error Message

I am having the same Issue so if you have found a solution please let me know. I got my 9810 yesterday and upgraded from the 9800 and never had the issue with the 9800.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gte166n
My Device: 9810

Same issue here.  It sucks.  I hope RIM provides a solution.  As soon as I "upgraded" from my 9800 to my 9810, this message began popping up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaereyes

Hi, did you got a response to this? i am having the same error. Please help.
Please use plain text.
jmsBBTorch
My Device: Blackberry AT&T 9800 & 9810

I ALSO am having similar problems switching from 9800 to 9810. Switching devices and getting an upgrade has always been a breeze but this is a nightmare... Any solutions?? Please
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaereyes

hey, i got this sorted. I know it is hard to let go your messages but believe me. all you have to do look delete the messages especially the one with the longest trail. possibility is that the the oldest messages ont this trail was not properly transferred to your new phone and needs to be deleted. it works for me

Please use plain text.