Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
TaygunYumakli
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810 Touch Screen Problem

Hi, I have my phone BlackBerry Torch 9810. Yesterday I did a system update. Touch screen not working after system update. The phone has slowed down. Software Version: 7.0Bundle 2406. I need to install a new software? Would you assist me?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch 9810 Touch Screen Problem

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TaygunYumakli

Hi, I brought everything in place. But the problem did not improve. Do you help me?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TaygunYumakli

MYVER Hi, I brought everything in place. But the problem did not improve. Do you help me?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fires69

Hi, also tried to run the update from 1465 to 2406...restarted phone, touchscreen not working, tried everything, including calls to provider, NOTHING....only way to get my phone back to "normal" operation was to downgrade back to 1465. ..

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lilheathen77

Hello Taygun,

I would suggest trying to "downgrade" and see if problem persists. If the problem is solved, wait a day or two and then upgrade again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mr_Spacely
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

I have the exact same issues and I dont know what is causing it.....Phone working perfectly on 7.0.0.261 update to .583 touch screen starts to glitch randomly, battery pull TEMPORARILY fixes this issues. I've tried downgrading back to 7.0.0.261 and it works PERFECTLY again. Got a hint that 7.0.0.353 works on it too and I test it and it worked perfectly. Now im tired of RIMs odd buggy phones, because I SAVED my lunch money that i got for school just to buy this phone which is buggy while my friend is joyfully enjoying the latest OS update. THIS IS UNFAIR and this needs to be fixed because im not the only person having this issue.

Please use plain text.
pgh001

Have dsame issue now stuck using other keyboardf - sucks.
Upgtaged to 7.1 still no worlink touch screen.
Really bad, I might have to just go back to Android.
Please use plain text.
blaizepills
My Device: blackberry 9810

Gat same issue wit my 9810 device. Screen goes mute for some time. Other times glitches randomly. What can I do to enjoy d touch xperience of dis fone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Fires69

Hey guys, solved the issue with a spesific update, first i cleared the O.S. from my 9810, then installed the newly downloaded O.S...PLEASURE to have a phone that is upgraded to O.S. 7.1 and that the touchscreen is fully operational, ALL the time.

Following is how and what I used:

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP your info BEFORE trying this!!!!!

downloaded 9810AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1276_PL5.1.0.308_A7.1.0.378_Mobilicity and installed...worked fine for me.

Please use plain text.