Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810 and BB Id login

I've got a new Torch 9810 on AT&T.  AppWorld and other programs on the phone ask for Blackberry ID Username and Password.  I've entered the requested information several times but I keep getting the response "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account"  I'm at a loss as to how to remedy this.  I'm on attempt 6 of 10.  Any ideas?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Torch 9810 and BB Id login

hello,

are you able to log in here using a desktop browser?
https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

yes.  I can log in to my Blackberry ID account from my laptop just fine.  Just not from the phone.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

try this:
1) close your browser
2) connect your 9810 to your computer
3) accept whatever is written on the screen of your 9810
4) on your computer, use your browser (which one are you using?) and go to app world and log in using your BBID

this should initiate something on your 9810, please tell us how it goes.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

i am able to connect the 9810 to my computer and login into app world via the computer and download apps with no problem.

New Contributor

After about 3 hours on the phone with BB support, we are thinkingthe problem is related to my BB ID account is still looking for the PIN # of my old Bold 9700 that I upgraded from.  Likely due to the AT&T store personnel not "migrating" my info from old 9700 to new 9810.  After deleting and recreating my BB ID account, when logging in to App World the handheld now asks for "the Blackberry ID that is associated with this handheld".  It appears what I need now is to find a way to associate a new BB ID with my particular phone.

New Contributor

Hi there, I read what you wrote about AT&T thinking its a problem with tranfering info, but I just got my bb torch 9810 a few days ago, and it is my first blackberry, and I am having the exact issue. i can login online but not on my phone. Not sure what to do about it. Im with Virgin Mobile, which is with Bell if that helps any.

New Contributor

Sthomas 18, any luck getting yours to work?  I have deleted my BB ID account and am letting it sit overnight.  I'll add it back tomorrow and try logging in again - suggestion from RIM tech support.  Let me know how you get yours fixed.

Thanks. 

New Contributor

Been trying different thing all day, but no luck. I find it werid that it doesn't count as a "failed attempt" to login, its just an error message, I know its not because I accidently put it in cap lock and that counted as a failed attempt. So I don't think its a wrong password/bad account. I just have no idea! I'll be sure to check back, let me know if letting it sit overnight works for you.

New Contributor

After sitting overnight with no BB ID account hoping BB servers "zero me out" so to speak, I set up a new account today and my screen name was not available making me suspect that their system keeps those screen names for at least a few days if not forever.  I then tried to login again from my smartphone and was me with the response "enter the username associated with this smartphone".  It didn't add another failed attempt, but I suspect there is no username associated with my phone at this point and nothing I enter will be sufficient.  The trick now will be to get and ID associated with the phone.

Good luck!