Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

amarjot
My Device: 9810

Re: Torch 9810 freezing & screen issues

This is one of the worst phone Black berry has ever made. My whole family is on BB, Bold 2 wasthe best, and torch 2 9810 being the worst.

It freezes, if you set ringtones or picture for your contacts from media card, it will freeze, It requires atlest 2 battery pulouts a day when there is excess usage, it also has a unique way of crashing too whether i have called or i have received a call the line will be silent.

I have returned 3 pieces and yet it exsists.

Have tried various media cards, Less freezing with 1Gb , maximum with 4 gb.. therefore i have no ringtones coming from the card, or photos for profiles.

Worst yet, try recording in HD mode for over 2 minutes and it will not save and red light will keep flashing as if its still recording.... 

Most frustrating phone in the world!!!!

iiaammii
My Device: 9810

EVERYBODY knows that the Torch is plagued with freezing issues. I am so sick of BB forums and BB service trying to blame the user, or giving temporary fixes, or this or that excuse, or trying to make us feel better by claiming that Android or iPod users have similar issues. Bull. This is a serious defect in the Torch that has existed since the beginning and multiple software updates have not cured it. I have been stuck with this thing for over a year, and although I love Blackberry I am very hesitant to get a Q10 or Z10 or whatever the new one is called, because you can't trust a company that doesn't acknowledge a defect existed when it is so debillitating to users.  

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

BBM has been the cause of much of it. Sign up at blackberry.com/beta and get the latest beta of BBM. The fixes are specifically cited as black clock and memory leaks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Packers812
My Device: Torch 9810

I had the same issues...took the mirco SD out...was 8 gb...put in a 2 gb...have not had the freezing since
Packers812
My Device: Torch 9810

Replaced my mirco sd ....was 8gb...went to 2gb...stopped the freezing right away!