If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
am347
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 and Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: DU

Torch 9810, loading screen froze

Hello Guys,

To make long story short, as the title says after restarting my phone, the phone got stuck on the loading screen (3/4). I tried many ways like wiping the device and installing the OS from scratch but it didn't work. I gave up and gave it to the work shop for repair. After 3 days of repairing the problem got solved and the phone was working. However i removed the battery to insert the SIM card and Memory card and then replaced the battery to turn it on.......:Censored: the same problem reappeared.... got stuck on the loading screen ... its late now and if i go back to the workshop they are already close! any comment on this problem? can it be the sim card or memory card that caused the problem or from the OS installed ?

I'm really frustated now waiting 3 days and again same problem and deciding to change this phone if such problem persist! 

Your help is appreciated !

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch 9810, loading screen froze

Hello,

Your theories about the SIM and/or the Memory card are viable...but of course only you can test the theories. It would of course be helpful to know what the shop actually diagnosed and repaired...otherwise we're just guessing...not even SWAGs...really WAGs...

Have you tried Safe Mode yet?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
am347

no i haven't tried it yet ! the repair shop said that he loaded with the latest version.

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
am347

sorry for double post. Just to inform, last night i myself did a clean wipe and reloaded the OS. The loading bar got full (gave hopes) but it never turned on. Got stuck with full loading bar ! this might give you an idea for the problem ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If it successfully gets into Safe Mode, then it's a 3rd party app, theme, or otherwise that is the cause of the problem.

If it does not get into Safe Mode, then the core OS itself is corrupt. It could be that trying a different OS might help. It also could be a hardware issue, for which no amount of software nor OS can help, nor can internet-distance diagnostics.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
am347

Hey thanks for the comment. Gave the phone to the same repair shop and he said that the memory card cause the trouble. Later he said there is some hardware issue that needs to be fixed and its getting repaired. No idea when it going to be solved but will keep you informed if it got fixed or the problem persist. Really frustated now lol
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
am347

seems the hardware needs replacement. Just wanted to know is there any site where i can find a certified BB service center in my city? i fear the shop repairing the phone might not replace it with a geunine hardware

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry, I know of no directories for "certified" BB service centers. But, your mobile service provider and/or an authorized local reseller may know.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.