Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
efassenmacher
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810 problems with cursor and scrolling

My 9810 has been scrolling through pictures and pages on it's own. Also the cursor floats all over webpages and will even jump in text boxes so that I can't complete words. Is this a software thing or could it be my device? Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Torch 9810 problems with cursor and scrolling

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
efassenmacher

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I was able to try the hard reboot and this only offers temporary relief. These glitches seem to be reoccuring. Could this be a bug with my device or a software issue?
Contributor
Stelios_ch
My Device: blackberry torch 9810

Hi have similar problems h my torch,when my phone stays a while in idle then cannot scrolled in text messages.I know if any one notice this,also am wondering if there is any update for blackberry about this issues!

New Contributor
muhammad_bilal_arif

Hey there guys,

I am also having a similar problem with my 9810, which I bought yesterday. I updated my device today after reading some reviews but the problem is still there. With the audible roll, I can even hear the roll even when I am not touching the device. I am currently running 7.0 Bundle 2406 ( v7.0.0.585, Platform 5.0.0.734). I hope Blackberry looks into this!

franklins
My Device: Torch 9800

So, the Torch series has an issue with the touchpads and this is very common.  Unfortunately it is a hardware error and teh device needs to have the touchpad replaced.  We had about 30 of these used in our company and 5 had this problem.  We had several ideas sent to us on how to fix it including reboots, software updates and decreasing the sensitivity.  None worked an all were returned for replacememt or repair.  This was through the Torch 9800 and 9810.

New Contributor
fishwater99
My Device: 9810 & PlayBook

Thanks. It's not the answer I wanted to hear but at least I finally have an answer. 

Mark it 8 Dude.