Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
alexioualexios
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810 touch screen problem

Hello and good evening.

I have the bb Torch 9810 from November. After a small update (to 7.0.0 bundle 2406) my touch screen from the bottom and 1 inche up is dead. in 5-7 days it makes to me this problem at least 10 times. Nothing can wake up this area until i pull out the battery. Everything works fine till next time...

a video maybe help you to understand... http://youtu.be/61rW4ppPPgI

Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Donell

Re: Torch 9810 touch screen problem

i am having this same problem 
what could be tha matter ?  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

First of all, props to you for putting a youtube video up for us to see.  Explaining the problem is one thing but actually seeing it is more powerful.

I'm going to venture a guess that this is a software problem as opposed to a hardware problem.  The first thing to try with software problems is always a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

That should do the trick.  Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Donell

i have done that before but it still goes back at another time and sometime one battery pull doesnt work 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm going to suggest you reload the OS.  Sometimes, reloading the exact OS you already have fixes the problem.  Why?  I'm not that technologically advanced, but I know that it works.

So plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent restore point and load it.

If that doesn't work, then it's nothing on the software side and can only mean it's a hardware problem.  Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do here about hardware issues and you would have to take it back to your carrier for repair or replacement.  If it's one year old or newer, it's still under warranty and will be fixed at no cost to you.

I hope that helps you.  If anything I've suggested solves the problem, I would appreciate hearing about it.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexioualexios

The battery out works fine but until next time screen stuck... :smileyhappy:
i'm waiting about 7.1 update to see results.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GINO_BB
My Device: TORCH 9810
My Carrier: TIM Italy

I have last release 7.1 bundle 1149 and the problem is still there. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VonkpropZA
My Carrier: MTN

My 9810 was working without any problems until I installed 7.1 bundle 1149. Now my screen is unresponsive. Sometimes it works, but most of the time using the touch screen has no effect. It's driving me crazy!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GINO_BB

The problem is not hardware but software, since it appears only after updating to the latest firmware version.

Is RIM going to do something to solve this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GINO_BB

You can find many of them in Youtube. It is not necessary to add more videos showing this known problem
Please use plain text.