Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hg710
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch 9810 update issues

So like everyone else... My torch is frozen on Social Feeds during my update. It is only at 9%. Am I screwed and just have to wait and hope the software updates... Or is there any way to stop it? I hope I didn't just mess up my phone!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9810 update issues

If it's stuck at 9%, you're going to have to unplug it and start over, despite Desktop Software advising you to NOT do that.  Trust me here and we'll get you back on track. 

Go ahead and unplug your phone, shut down Desktop Software, restart the software then plug your phone back in.  Chances are, you'll be told your software needs to be updated.  This is what you want to see so go ahead with the update.  If BlackBerry Desktop Software decides to be stubborn and doesn't want to connect to your phone, have a look at this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Have a go at that and get back to us with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hg710

I wasn't updating it from the desktop, I was doing ti wirelessly.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Okay, then remove your battery then replace it.  At some point, you'll probably have to plug your device in to BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Keep us up to date.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hg710

Yeah I ended up trying to plug it into the computer then nothing happened so I did a battery pull with it plugged and then it was able to stop it and restore my previous OS. Sooo I think I am just going to stick to that, I don't want anymore problems.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

That sounds fine.  Different users have differing opinions about how to update a device.  I'm a big proponent of using BlackBerry Desktop Software over OTA (Over The Air) updates.

Whatever you decide to do in the future, I wish you luck.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
faith23
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Mine is stuck as well when I'm doing it wirelessly and I don't know what to do.  I have taken my battery out multiple times and waited awhile to put it back in.  When it comes back up it's still stuck on the update.  It won't let me do a thing.  Help...

Please use plain text.