Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Leno
My Carrier: Donell
Accepted Solution

Torch 9810 update to os 7.1

how can i update my torch 9810 from os 7 to blackberry os 7.1 ? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
AutoAppForum
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: Torch 9810 update to os 7.1

Plug your device into your computer and launch the desktop manager
If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

i did that but it says no updates available 

Please use plain text.
Developer
AutoAppForum

Which Torch are you using and who is your carrier?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.
If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

Torch 9810 and digicel 

Please use plain text.
Developer
AutoAppForum

[ Edited ]

The update is not yet available from your carrier for your device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

but couldnt there be a way for me to upgrade without it being released from the carrier 

Please use plain text.
Developer
AutoAppForum

[ Edited ]

You could technically install a leaked version but it is highly unrecommended. You could potentially brick your devvice and also void the warranty. Why don't you contact your carrier and ask them when they ill release it.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use. or choose a diff carrier that has it released.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

i did that but it still did not work 

Please use plain text.