Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
zozy_girl
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch 9810 update to os 7.1

I am having a similar issue. I'm using a Torch 9810 native to AT&T. I had it unlocked, then activated on T-Mobile. T-Mobile has released 7.1. I was able to download it from T-Mobile's site & install it on my laptop, but neither App Loader nor Desktop Software recognizes it, and says no updates are available.I did delete the vendor file in the app loader directory.  I got the same result with the online updater from BB site. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This is how I upgrade an OS.

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Donell

it didnt wrk "/

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what part didnt work?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

after confirming which applications to keep and it should install the os to the fone no changes were made 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Query
My Carrier: MoviStar-Spain

Hi Leno,
May be you have done it but I need know if you have deleted an old OS on PC before downloading a new OS to PC.
If not, you should delete it first then follow Knottyrope's instruction.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alexioualexios

Hello from Greece, this is my first post so first of all sorry for my english.

I bought BB Torch 9810 in Nivember from an internet shop so, without any carrier. First months i used Vodafone and now Cosmote. When i plug-in my device, the Desktop Software tells me that there is no update.

I have BB 7.0.0 bundle 2406....

Any advice? Is a good idea to update to 7.1 (with comsote carrier) ?

i'm afraid if i update manuall to 7.1 with Cosmote carrier is to have some "things" locked...

Thanks a lot :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

alexioualexios wrote:

Hello from Greece, this is my first post so first of all sorry for my english.

I bought BB Torch 9810 in Nivember from an internet shop so, without any carrier. First months i used Vodafone and now Cosmote. When i plug-in my device, the Desktop Software tells me that there is no update.

I have BB 7.0.0 bundle 2406....

Any advice? Is a good idea to update to 7.1 (with comsote carrier) ?

i'm afraid if i update manuall to 7.1 with Cosmote carrier is to have some "things" locked...

Thanks a lot :smileyvery-happy:

all OS versions are the same regarless of carrier, they are just carrier apporved.

The carrier will however push new srvice books and possible add icons to all page.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Query
My Carrier: MoviStar-Spain

Hi Leno,

I was suffering same problem you've been having, I guess.

Finally I've got a solution.  If you are having it still, you should try this.

It's so easy.

1. Since all data related with your device are recorded to BlackBerry DeskTop Software on PC, delete it completely form your PC including RIM and Research Motion folders.

Such data are damaged anyhow, and DeskTop Software can't recognize what OS is on your device.

2. Delete your device OS from PC

3. Download BlackBerry DeskTop Software for PC again

4. Newly download OS you wish to install

5. Then connect the device with PC and install OS

VOILA!! It works!!  Isn't it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leno

Thanks a lot it wrks perfectly nw and I'm up to 7.1