Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
anthony_bird
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Torch 9810 won't accept App World Ts & Cs and can't install Apps

Hi there, I've had a search through the forums and knowledge base and wasn't able to find an answer to this problem.

I've got a new Blackberry Torch 9810 on O2 in the UK. I have Blackberry App World installed and I have App update icons in my messages folder. Whenever I try to go to My Apps and install the updates in App World I get the terms and conditions window appear, I scroll to the bottom, click 'accept' and the window disappears and nothing happens. I click My Apps again, same thing, window appears again.

I've uninstalled App World and reinstalled it and I still get the same problem, I can't get the Ts & Cs to accept so can't update my apps or install any others. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks for your time.

Ant

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Torch 9810 won't accept App World Ts & Cs and can't install Apps

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes). Log into MyWorld (if applicable -- it will require both your BB ID username and password this time; it will not remember your BB ID username after a clear cache) and try again.

If step (4) and or (6) do not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
anthony_bird

Hello there,

Thank you for your response, I tried what you suggested and doing the cache clear does close down App World as stated, however the same thing happens when I try and open My World I get the "Blackberry App World Membership Addendum (UK)" which I accept but then it, it says "Please wait" and then does nothing. I try and go in to My World again, same thing happens.

Sorry, any other ideas are much appreciated.

Regards,

Ant

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...try this...

1) make sure you already have the RIM desktop software installed to your PC:

and have run it at least once with your BB tethered (so that it can do it's initial configurations).

2) Tether via USB to your PC (the desktop software does not need to be running)

3) Launch your PC browser and go here:

Allow the plug in to install and "sign in" to your BB ID account (via the PC/browser)

See if that allows things to configure correctly.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
anthony_bird

Thank you for the alternative fix, that has done the trick and all is working as it should. Thank you so much for your help, I really would not have resolved this on my own. Have a great evening.

Ant

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome! Enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
sapphirewitche

I was having the same problem! Thank you for the solution, it worked like a dream!

New Contributor
anthony_bird

Cool, I'm really happy that someone else was helped who was having the same problem as me!