Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
snikrep
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Torch 9810

I have a Torch 9810. Latlely the scroll ball (not sure of the proper name for it) doesn't work all the time and, the text has been very slow. I have rebooted the device by taking the battery out. This seems to fix the problem for a short time but, then it comes back. It is still under warranty. Should I send it to RIM or does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9810

The correct term for that part of the phone is the trackpad.  Now you know.  :smileyhappy:

If you're doing battery pulls with your phone powered on before removing the battery and it's not permanently fixing the issue, reload your phone's OS.  You can do this by plugging your phone in to your PC and opening BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Load a recent backup file and see if that solves the issue.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snikrep

This seems to have solved the problem. Thanks a bunch. Did it Saturday when I got your reply and haven't had any issues since. Id something else pops up, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slafe3
My Carrier: Mtn

Hello my 9810 does about the same its like it hangs when I unlock my phone or go out of bbm , sometimes it can take up to a couple of minutes to un freeze - pls assist
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snikrep

Try the solution above. It worked for me.

Please use plain text.
amarjot
My Carrier: airtel

This is one of the worst phone Black berry has ever made. My whole family is on BB, Bold 2 wasthe best, and torch 2 9810 being the worst.
It freezes, if you set ringtones or picture for your contacts from media card, it will freeze, It requires atlest 2 battery pulouts a day when there is excess usage, it also has a unique way of crashing too whether i have called or i have received a call the line will be silent.
I have returned 3 pieces and yet it exsists.

Have tried various media cards, Less freezing with 1Gb , maximum with 4 gb.. therefore i have no ringtones coming from the card, or photos for profiles.

Worst yet, try recording in HD mode for over 2 minutes and it will not save and red light will keep flashing as if its still recording....

Most frustrating phone in the world!!!!
Please use plain text.