Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tigerturkey
My Device: Torch 9810

Torch 9810

I have a 9810 that the screen turns black on when you open the slider. It also does not rotate the screen. It seems to work ok other than that. There is no appps on the phone.  I am running the lastest os and have already tried reloading the os.  Any ideas?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Torch 9810

The first thing you should be attempting when issues such as this arise is a battery pull.  That's where you remove the battery while the phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
tigerturkey

Battery pull does not help

New Contributor
tigerturkey

No other ideas?

Elite II
BillJ

If a battery pull and OS reload have done nothing to correct the problem, I'm leaning towards it being a hardware issue and not a software one. 

I suggest you take your phone back to Bell and tell them it's a hardware issue that will require a warranty replacement.  Hopefully your phone is newer than one year old.  If it is, take it back and ask for another one but before doing so, make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Protect first.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
snuffy420
My Device: Torch 9800

This may sound stupid, but you're not hitting the lock button on the top when you push the screen up are you? It's easy to do haha
Elite II
BillJ

snuffy420 wrote:
This may sound stupid, but you're not hitting the lock button on the top when you push the screen up are you? It's easy to do haha

If it's a suggestion that might help our posters, it's not stupid.  I suspect it's more than just hitting the lock button, but your suggestion is appreciated.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy: