Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Torch 9850 froze on reboot??? Help

Reboot froze last night, removed battery umteen times will not fix. BB RIM support spent 5 hrs today went to tier 2 and they could not get phone to load correctly. Reboot still freezes 3/4 of the way through.

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch 9850 froze on reboot??? Help

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Finally got a David at RIM in Canada. Spent another 5 hrs. Finally we got into the phones OS. He did what I was thinking by rolling back the OS. Somehow it loaded bug with some problem in media. We formatted the media space te loaded and I'm now working with a previous OS. Maybe its 420 and I had been on 580?
So now I'm doing the days long trying to reset all I had on my phone.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Continued: Did it again went to Sean at RIM in Nova Scotia. Another 5 hours finally got it working. Then now its Sat afternoon did it again went to Andrew in Nova Scotia he finally got it up and working, and then we tried installing 3 FREE Apps from App World I have never installed before. One at a time and rebooting after each one. All went well until the third one and the reboot hung as before 3/4 of the way thru. He says my RAM is defective. VZW will do nothing. Because of VZWs arrangement with RIM I cannot send it in for repair. So I am left with a non working phone. I have tried to reload myself using the KBs but it now stops half way thru the reconnecting to JVM and my screen turns all white. Anyone got any help to offer?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

VZW came thru. They are sending me a CPO 9850 with a 90 day warranty. Thanks VZW. Anyone know if you can get a warranty thru Square Deal on this phone?

Please use plain text.