Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
nerfball
My Device: Z10

Torch 9850 with some real buggy issues

Torch 9850

Software bundle 7.1 1149

First I would like to state that all my issues for the most part have come through a number of times on the phone with blackberry from the beginning when my data plan just wouldn't work. From there to the enterprise server connection with my company. Not sure which caused the issue, but it happened for sure in the time both of these were done.

1.  I can be operating the phone, playing a game for example, and the screen will just turn off while I am using it. SO annoying. I hit any button on the bottom and the screen lights up and I find the game paused. Resume and it will do it sometime later, I swear it is random but I have not timed it..

2. My Bluetooth headset, which was working fine before, has lost all function except to be a remote speaker and mic. I was able to call with it by holding down the button for voice calling, 1 push to answer and hang up. Can do none of that now.

3. When I take the phone out of the holster, it is supposed to answer. I look, it says connected but I can hear nobody and they cannot hear me. If I am quick and hit the button left/bottom, I can answer and the call goes on. The phone is set to answer when taken from the holster per the options.

4. My screen now locks after a period of time and I assume this is perma locked because of the enterprise settings of some sort. feel free to correct my assumption if I am wrong. Same with the fact that the phone forces me to keep a password, must be enterprise and that one makes sense.

Keep in mind I am a blackberry noob so any info would e greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Torch 9850 with some real buggy issues

Hello nerfball,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Issues 1-3 may be addressed by completing the following process:

Please backup and perform a reload or upgrade your BlackBerry Device Software. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software:
http://bbry.lv/NWPC6y

In the case that this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

(Issue 4 will not be addressed using this process as this is a setting likely imposed by your BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator.)

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!