Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
MBQ
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

Torch 9850 wont charge or power on

Hi Everyone, I hope all is well. 

I'm new to this forum.  Looking for help, as just outside of the warranty period my Torch 9850 failed.  One day when the battery symbol was red, I put it to charge as normal.  On returning to it about an hour later, I noticed that it had not charged and the red light was flashing on and off at 10 sec intervals.  I've not been able to get the phone to charge or turn on since.  I've tried taking the battery in and out, using a charged battery from the same model, connecting to the PC (PC won't recognise device), leaving charging as I take the battery in and out over a hours, etc etc.  Nothing works. 

This expensive phone seems to be dead just outside of warranty.  I note its a known issue in the knowledge base: Article ID: KB28408,Type: Support Content,Last Modified: 07-16-2012.  But it has yet to be resolved.

Is there any hope?  Or can I just kiss this very expensive phone good bye and move on with my life?

Hope there help out there.

MBQ

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Torch 9850 wont charge or power on

[ Edited ]

Hi MBQ

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You can try those Knowledge Base to see if that help , but do using a Fully charged BlackBerry Battery , First you can try the application loader to force the detection to load the OS :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

If above menthod fails then you can try some drastic measures in order to recover your device :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

If those methods fails then you have to contact your Carrier or Service Provider to get it fixed.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
MBQ
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

Thanks Prince2012.  Will try and update forum on results.

Thanks again!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey MBQ 

I wish you good luck ! And do let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.