Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
starbear
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Rogers

Torch 9860 - Backup error - HELP

Hi,

I have a torch 9860, and I've been trying for some time to back up my data via the desktop manager. Each time I try, the message is always the same: "The backup failed due to an unexpected error. Try backing up your data again."

I've already scoured the support articles on the blackberry website, and I have found the errors they have come across in this particular message. However, I have followed all of their workaround instructions - I've updated my desktop manager SEVERAL times, uninstalled and reinstalled, I've cleared the "social feeds" data, I've tried backing up with the "social feeds" box unclicked - and I STILL cannot back up. There is a software update available that I would love to be loading on to my Torch, because it's been lagging severely lately, regardless of the memory managing I do regularly, and it won't let me update without backing up the phone first.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the hell else I can do? Because now it's just starting to get ridiculous. There must be an answer to this problem.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Torch 9860 - Backup error - HELP

First off, make sure you're running the current version of Desktop Software. Go to www.blackberry.com/desktop to get the latest version.
Next, update your phone's OS by going to BlackBerry Desktop Software and clicking Device in the software then Update.

Try those suggestions and post back with your results. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
starbear
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

Re: Torch 9860 - Backup error - HELP

Ok. I already tried all those options earlier, but I just did it again, and it surprise surprise - still not backing up.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.