Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
weirdmaster
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2 - Germany

Torch 9860. Connection Issue.

Hi,

I have this weird problem since a week.

-------------------

Problem

-------------------

1. The blackberry shows almost full connection (sometimes even no connection) but the outgoing calls are not possible. Even incoming calls are not possible. The data connection is also unavailable. It works as nothing but the expensive alarm clock. :\

2. The connectivity is very poor. It either shows SOS most of the time or shows connection but anyways doesnt work.

3. I tried everything from battery pull, master reset, OS downgrade to all possible versions, but the problem is still there.

4. I tried switching the SIM card from another phone, and the same problem is on the BB-Torch, but the same SIM works on other phone perfectly.

5. Last thing I tried was to make the connectivity option to "2G" instead of "2G and 3G" and now the device is on EDGE connection, and **bleep** it works!

So, does that mean that device suddenly has issues with 3G connection? Or, could it possibly be a network issue? If it is a network issue, shouldnt the device fall back on 2G on its own when 3G is not working? However, its my guess that it is a device issue, since a network issue cannot exist for a week.

------------------------------

Device details:-

-------------------------------

Device : BB Torch 9860

OS: 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 and 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 (Tried on both, there was another bundle version of 7.0.0 which I tried 14XX i think.)

Carrier: O2-Germany

Apps (All extra apps): WhatsApp, GoogleMaps, WikiTude, FaceBook, GTalk, DB Navigator, TOI

Media: 1 MP3, about 20-30 pictures, few pdf documents

Built-in Media: Free 2.5 GB (Total available: 2.5 GB)

Media Card: Free 3.3 GB (Total available 3.6 GB)

Application Storage: Free space 189.1 MB 

Can someone please please please help me out. I have seen posts on this forum where people have faced same issues. But I havent seen any fix/solution yet.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Torch 9860. Connection Issue.

Hello weirdmaster,

The following article will provide you with more information regarding the SOS signal you are seeing on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860 smartphone:

Network status indicator shows "SOS" on the BlackBerry smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03448

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
weirdmaster
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2 - Germany

Hi...

The SOS sign was only displayed once in a while.. but most of the time the phone showed full signal but no outgoing/incoming calls or sms or data connection was established.

Nevertheless, I contacted the service provider and they fixed the issue. It was some network problem.

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Samohit
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Vodafone

My BB 9860 doesnt hav edge in caps and my BB services are not working.. i hav BIS plan activated and it works perfectly fine on BB 9820 !!

pls help !! 

Please use plain text.