08-02-2012 12:46 AM
I have this weird problem since a week.
1. The blackberry shows almost full connection (sometimes even no connection) but the outgoing calls are not possible. Even incoming calls are not possible. The data connection is also unavailable. It works as nothing but the expensive alarm clock. :\
2. The connectivity is very poor. It either shows SOS most of the time or shows connection but anyways doesnt work.
3. I tried everything from battery pull, master reset, OS downgrade to all possible versions, but the problem is still there.
4. I tried switching the SIM card from another phone, and the same problem is on the BB-Torch, but the same SIM works on other phone perfectly.
5. Last thing I tried was to make the connectivity option to "2G" instead of "2G and 3G" and now the device is on EDGE connection, and **bleep** it works!
So, does that mean that device suddenly has issues with 3G connection? Or, could it possibly be a network issue? If it is a network issue, shouldnt the device fall back on 2G on its own when 3G is not working? However, its my guess that it is a device issue, since a network issue cannot exist for a week.
Device : BB Torch 9860
OS: 7.0.0 Bundle 2406 and 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 (Tried on both, there was another bundle version of 7.0.0 which I tried 14XX i think.)
Apps (All extra apps): WhatsApp, GoogleMaps, WikiTude, FaceBook, GTalk, DB Navigator, TOI
Media: 1 MP3, about 20-30 pictures, few pdf documents
Built-in Media: Free 2.5 GB (Total available: 2.5 GB)
Media Card: Free 3.3 GB (Total available 3.6 GB)
Application Storage: Free space 189.1 MB
Can someone please please please help me out. I have seen posts on this forum where people have faced same issues. But I havent seen any fix/solution yet.
08-07-2012 10:42 AM
The following article will provide you with more information regarding the SOS signal you are seeing on your BlackBerry® Torch™ 9860 smartphone:
Network status indicator shows "SOS" on the BlackBerry smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03448
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
08-07-2012 01:32 PM
The SOS sign was only displayed once in a while.. but most of the time the phone showed full signal but no outgoing/incoming calls or sms or data connection was established.
Nevertheless, I contacted the service provider and they fixed the issue. It was some network problem.