Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
snap_shot
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: MTS

Torch 9860 - Video + Security Timeout Interrupt problem

Does anyone know if there is a fix for an interrupt problem between the security (password) timeout and video playback on the Torch 9860?  I have set a 2-min timeout in my security settings and when I'm playing a video (either from my media card or online) the playback is interrupted by the security timeout.  I guess it's not registering the playback as "activity"?  I had the exact same set up on a 9800 and never experienced this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

Re: Torch 9860 - Video + Security Timeout Interrupt problem

Did you ever get an answer?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snap_shot

Nada unfortunately. Now I just keep my automatic timeout at 10mins and got in the habit of pressing the top lock button whenever I put it down. Waiting to see what BB10 will bring.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

So secure that security has to be turned off in order to watch a video and therefore not secure at all, The user must chose bewtween having a self locking phone or having a phone on which he can watch a video. I admire your patience Snap_shot, waiting for BB10. I suspect that if RIM haven't sorted this out by now, they never will. No wonder they continue to lose market share.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snap_shot

I hear ya dogmatooth. Incredible how something so elementary was overlooked and mindbogglingly never addressed in a sw update. As for being patient not fully sure why I have been but BB10 will definitely be their last chance. Droves of others have long since left them.
Please use plain text.