Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

MartinSS
My Device: Torch 9860

Torch 9860 failed to update to 7.1 bundle 2061

Help needed, 

I tried to update my BB torch 9860 using OTA  from 7.1 bundle 1149 up to 7.1 bundle 2016. 

After update was succesfully finished, i noticed that the screen on BB has changed. All icons became very small or missing. The phone is working,  I can accept calls, but cannot dial because cannot access the dial pad. 

I've tried to downgrade to the previous version, and after succesfull downgrade, at least that what's was writen, the problem persist. 

If I try to access some aplications the screen shows: uncaught exception: Bitmap invalid (null)

I can not access Aplication management.

The phone constantly get stuck on one screen for a long time....

Please help.

Martin S.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

Re: Torch 9860 failed to update to 7.1 bundle 2061

It is always a good practice to back-up your phone DATA's before doing any upgrade/downgrade related functionalities. If you've taken a back-up, then ignore this.

Have you by any-chance tried updating your device manually using the desktop manager. If not, here's how..

Install desktop manager > visit below link > select your region/operator > select the phone model of yours if listed > then seek for the latest supported device software > hit on download > fill up the form, and the download will start..

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

Once done, install the device software > open up desktop manager > connect the device > you'll see the software of the device with the bundle info.. etc. > update it simply :smileyhappy:

Note: Make sure to search & delete the "vendor.xml" file, If your device is not purchased from the operator even-though they're listed. 

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
MartinSS
My Device: Torch 9860

Re: Torch 9860 failed to update to 7.1 bundle 2061

[ Edited ]

Dear, 

on the link which you have send me http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html, my operator is listed, but there are no phone models which are listed. 

Anyway, i finally managed to solve the problem, Updating manualy  from desktop manager > update to 7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296, Platform 5.0.0.496). 

The phone is working no :smileyhappy:

But still, when i check for new update from options/ device / software updates > there are available two updates: 

- Version 7.1.0 Bundle 1149 

- Version 7.0.0 Bundle 2406

And checking for updates manualy from desktop manager, there is no new update. 

Please use plain text.