Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
sidekickkdx
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook

Torch Bluetooth Stopped Working

Hello all,

I recently bought a playbook and had it paired with my Torch 9800.  Everything was great.  Today, the Bluetooth on my Torch just stopped working.  It is turned on, but the Bluetooth symbol is grayed out and there is no blinking blue light.  So now I can't bridge with the Playbook anymore.  Any ideas?  I tried battery pull and soft reset to no avail.

Thanks!

New Contributor
bluekoal
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Torch Bluetooth Stopped Working

Have you found anything to help your bluetooth issue?  I have the identical problem and have also rebooted to no avail.  If I knew how to reload the operating system maybe that would help.  If you have found a solution please pass it on.  Thanks. 

Contributor
sidekickkdx

Yes, I called tech support and they just had me unpair the playbook and the torch (go to Blackberry Bridge under settings and disconnect the phone), then shut down and restart  the playbook, and then re-pair the two devices again.    That solved the problem and it hasn't happened since.  There was never anything wrong with the Torch's Bluetooth, it just wasn't actually paired with the playbook anymore for some reason.  I hope this works for you..Good luck!

New Contributor
bluekoal

Thank you for your help. My Playbook and Torch are paired again. I am happy. I appreciate your help. God bless.
Contributor
sidekickkdx

That's great!!  I remember how relieved I was when I got the bridge back.  I'm glad I could help.

Contributor
waterbuoy

Thanks. I searched and searched through many complicated procedures... that I couldn't understand.... until I found this and it worked like a dream. Thanks again.