Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
agwolf
My Device: blackberry torch

Torch - Bulit In Media Storage not accessible due to detected errors

Everytime my Torch powers up,  I am getting a message "built in media storage not accessible due to detected errors. Would you like to repair?". If I select YES, a message eventually appears stating that the repair process failed. If I select NO, everything seems ok.  Anyone else getting this error message? Anyone know what the ramiifications are? Any suggestions on what to do?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch - Bulit In Media Storage not accessible due to detected errors

if you remove the MicorSD card and it still happens might need to try a security wipe.

If the above fails, then return it to where you bought it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
agwolf

Is the card really considered as "built in media storage"?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It could be but there is 4 gig of internal storage and the Micro SD card.

So it has 8 gig total when shipped.

Upgradable to 36 when adding a 32 gig card to it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
ktharpe
My Device: torch 9800

I just started getting this error, it says built-in media storage which refers to the device itself, not the microSD card. Does anyone have a fix or answer to this problem?

New Contributor
agwolf

I am the originator of this forum topic....I have not found/seen an answer to the problem. But I do have more information. My Torch was ruined by my dropping it...so I got a replacement and the problem went away (even though I had the same media card). But recently I tried to access my Torch via BB Desktop Manager. Ever since then,  the same annoying message is back. It appears every morning..or after any reboots.

New Contributor
ktharpe
My Device: torch 9800

I just contacted them and they're sending a replacement, unfortunately it's a refurbished BB. I keep my Blackberry in pristeen condition, I told them if I received a refurb and anything's wrong with it I'm sending it back and I want mine returned.

It is an ongoing issue, they are aware of it. They are replacing phones as they do not have a fix.

I asked them what would happen if I lost all of the apps I purchased from App World, he noted the account to either refund me or allow me to download again for free.

What a pain, I have so much on my BB and I'm afraid I might lose something even in the backup.

New Contributor
antiannuzzi
My Device: Torch 9800

Repair files stored on your media card or on your device

CAUTION:
If you run the repair feature on your BlackBerry® device, your device might delete files that have errors from your media card or on your device.
  1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
  2. Click Device > Storage.
  3. Press the Image of Menu keykey > Repair.
  4. Complete the instructions on the screen.
After you finish: If your media card or device storage is still not repaired after you run the repair feature, you might want to try formatting it.
I had to reformat my device to stop the error message from appearing.  Be sure to back-up any files stored on the device before formatting it.
New Contributor
agwolf

Thanks. The repair runs on the media card...but the built in media repair still fails.

The Message Box still continues appears every day.

New Contributor
antiannuzzi
My Device: Torch 9800

When you select "Format" you are given a choice of "Media Card" or "Built-In Media". Select "Built-in Media"