Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
ralphsaperstein
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Torch-MAC

After months of losing appointments using BB Desktop Manager, I am looking for a wireless sync option.  Is Google Calendar a good option to sync my BB with iCal?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Torch-MAC

Yes, I have used the Google tools in the past and they work well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ralphsaperstein

Thanks, but if the BB Google Calendar is web-based, what happens when I don't have 3G or wireless?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

It will sync when you do.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Seriously, though, if you can tell us what type of issues you're having with Desktop Manager, perhaps we can help you in that regard.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ralphsaperstein

Since I joined a company that was Mac-based in 2005, I have tried Pocket Mac, MissingSync and Desktop Manager to sync my various BBs with iCal.  For 6 years, I have lost appointments. 

I now have Kerio Business Mail, which updates Calendar and Contacts wirelessly...except for BB.  I can buy Astrasync or similar to sync Kerio with my BB. 

My know it all Brother-in-law suggested I try Google Calendar.  That's where I am now:  trying to get my existing Calendars imported into Google and then sync with my Torch. 

My understanding is that the Google Calendar for BB is web-based and not a calendar app like I am used to.  I have put the Google link on my Home page like an app, but its not the same.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I think that Google has released two tools:

one Google Calendar Sync too for Windows, that allows you to synchronize your Windows Calendar to a Google Calendar

the other tool is Google Mobile Sync, that allows to synchronize one of your Google Calendar account to your BlackBerry smartphone calendar.

both tools will enable your Windows calendar to sync through the internet cloud with your BlackBerry smartphone calendar.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.