Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ndiamond
My Carrier: ATT

Torch Shutdown Won't turn on

Recently my torch started shutting off all on it's own.  It would always boot back up.

Today it shutdown but never completely boots back up, just keeps going through the reboot bar, shutdown, reboot.

I pulled the battery , plugged into the computer, plugged into the wall.

Finally I had to reactivate my old bb just to have a phone.

How do I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Torch Shutdown Won't turn on

Hi ndiamond

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You might have installed any Unknown or bad app which might be the reason behind this problem , If you don't have a backup of your device then start your device on safe mode , do a backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software then delet any recent application that you installed or try relaoding the OS :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

If above process fails then you have to use application loader to force the detection and load the OS back on your device, for further instructions please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

This method will delete all data on your device but may recover your device , you can restore your data later on if you are using BlackBerry Protect or have any previous backup.So try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.