Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mantonn
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Torch Trackpad not working when slider is open

The trackpad on my 9800 works fine when the slider is closed but stops working when the slider is open to reveal the keyboard. With the slider open or closed, the touch screen still works and the buttons and keys still operate properly.

I have done a complete device security wipe and re-install from scratch. The problem persists.

I have OS 6.0 bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236)

Whether it is a software or hardware problem, where is the diagnostic code or message to tell me? 

I have had my Torch for 2 years so it is long out of warranty. I have had 4 RIM devices since 2004 and I used to be a big RIM fan but my allegiance is waning fast.

What were you guys doing in Waterloo whilst Samsung and Apple were creating prodcuts that functioned properly and support services that worked?

Any ideas or are you all too busy looking for new jobs?

If the only solution to this problem is to buy a new device, then that device is unlikely to be a Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mepkpk
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Torch Trackpad not working when slider is open

I have the same problem. will someone at the company take heed of the issue and suggext a solution.................

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SID911
My Device: Blackberry TORCH 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello forum,

I'm a BB user from India.

I've been using my torch9800 past 2yrs approx now and never experienced such problem which is nerve racking and makes me angry to even pat the phone several times. ugh!

"The trackpad doesnt work at all after opening up the slider"

and even the keys on the slider keypad aren't responsive then as they used to be before.

I request the experts and the forum to PLZ PLZ PLZ shed some light over this issue cause i think the number of members for this topic are gonna increase day by day.

hope you reply soon and with the exact solution.

regards,

SID

Please use plain text.
mkidney
My Device: BB9800
My Carrier: Bell

My phone is 16 months old and the phone is experiencing a similar issue.  The phone goes dark when I slide the screen to use the keyboard.  the keyboard lights up but the screen is black. It started with the screen being unresponsive then after I took the battery out the screen went dark.  My provider had no solutions for the issue.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you have extended warranty on this device?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
mkidney
My Device: BB9800

No, I don't have the extended warranty.  My previous blackberry, the world lasted almost 4 years without a hitch,(still works today inactivated) so I didn't feel the need to buy the warranty.

Please use plain text.
beachdad
My Device: torch 9800

I am facing the same frustration and my device has become very unstable wit hthe updated software.

I too am ready to find a new source for my cell budget.

My torch locks up simply by trying to text ? WTF

Please use plain text.