Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
uk25596
My Device: Torch 9800

Torch Virtual Keyboard not displaying

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me please?

The Virtual Keyboard on my BB Torch won't display any ideas on how I can rectify this? I guess Imust have done something without knowing.

The slide out keybaord works fine, but I can't get the Virtual Keybaord to show in any application.

Any help how to solve the problem would be much appreciated.

Elite II
tanzim

Re: Torch Virtual Keyboard not displaying

Try this -

When you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
uk25596

[ Edited ]

Thank you but tried that three times with no success, it's the first thing I normally do with any minor problems.

crackberryguru

Hey i am having the same issue with my torch,, I dont know if it started happening before or after the recent software update but i only noticed it yesterday. have you guys figured out what the issue is??

New Contributor
uk25596

No one had the answer - took mine to Car Phone Warehouse, but they couldn't repair or fix the problem - so was given a new phone.

Baffled everyone I asked

Immense Frustration, but new phoen working fine.

New Contributor
killerbuzz
My Device: 9800

I had the exact problem and I've tried everything .. but at the end i just tried closing the slide harder and worked .. then i reopened the screen .. the problem started again .. so i started pressing around touch pad and it worked again the first thing you will notice is the screen will start rotating normally.. so it's a hardware problem and from the number of ppl having this problem it looks like a problem in the slide design
kvs
kvs
My Device: torch 9810

Torch Virtual Keyboard not displaying

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

select your carrier

from the drop down menu select the device model

download the desktop software for your device

run the software

restart your system

connect your blackberry

*TAKE A BACKUP FIRST*

then update the device 

problem solved

looiebb

Well, I had the same problem, but I've managed to fix it.

First I tried pressing the screen when the phone was closed and it worked so far but it was quite annoying to press it anytime i wanted to rotete my screen or use the virtual keyboard. So I started to make some experiments and found out that the issue can be fixed with a magnet. I found out this when i was playing with the hostler. So the next step was finding a magnet, then I broke it with a hammer an took a small piece of it afterwards i tried to make it as slim as possible with some sand paper, then I opened the phone and sticked the magnet with some tape just above the memorycard and voilà!!! now it's fixed... I assume the sensor of the sliding screen stopped working somehow but believe me, try to pass a magnet above the screen and you´ll see how it gets fixed... At least it worket to me, if you want to see my fixed BB tell me I´ll send you a picture...

Regards

ilille

I tried it and it went well but after I stuck the keyboard stopped working again.

how did u do it?

thanks

ktown911
My Device: torch

After all the searching I was amazed to find that the simple solution for this is to take a refrigerator magnet and rub it on the back of the phone.  You don't need to turn it off or open it just slide it on the back of the phone up near the camera area and this resets the sensor in the slider and you have your virtual keyboard back.  You don't find that in any manuals...