Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: verizon wireless

Torch acting bonkers

My phone keeps trying to boot up (where it says blackberry, black screen) but keeps stopping and re-booting. It's been doing this for over an hour. I even tried taking the battery out, to no avail.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch acting bonkers

It's unlikely you can recover from this.  Connecting it to BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC might get it to wake up but I'm highly doubtful of that.  I had the same situation with my Torch 9860 and despite my knowledge of BlackBerry devices, I was unable to get out of that continuous loop.  You might have to go to AT&T for a replacement.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: verizon wireless

Thanks for the message! This is what @BlackBerryhelp on twitter sent me http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=D33DD164A965B0FC225FB8CD1FADE89B?...

All was fine and dandy until I got to the JVM update

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

That's the link I usually recommend when a user's phone is not booting up, however I was pretty sure it wouldn't help here and therefore I refrained from mentioning it.

Keep your eyes open to this thread in the event that someone has an alternate solution, but (and I hate to be negative) I can't see it happening.  Smiley Sad

Please keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.