Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch & Bold
My Carrier: rogers

Torch & Bold with one ID-problem

I had a bold, my husband a torch (we got them days apart). We switched sim cards, I took his torch, he took my bold. We set up emails, all seemed to work fine. By accident about a month ago I somehow I think linked the two together and now when I set up one with email, it brings both email on one phone. When I delete both emails from the one phone, I can't add it to the other without adding both. It is as if they both have the same ID. I've tried deleting ID's and starting over but I can't get the two phones to seperate from one another. I really wish I could explain the whole thing to someone,....is there a blackberry customer service person anywhere in this world who answers a phone and helps us fix the problems as I can't seem to find the right answer on the internet and I feel like throwing out both phones right now!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch & Bold with one ID-problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your situation sounds very much like that under discussion in this thread:

You should find useful things there. Your situation definitely is one of using the same BB ID on two devices...many things intermingle when you do that, and it becomes quite challenging indeed to separate them. But it can be done (instructions are in that other thread).

DaynaM wrote:

is there a blackberry customer service person anywhere in this world who answers a phone and helps us fix the problems as I can't seem to find the right answer on the internet and I feel like throwing out both phones right now!

Contractually, no there is not. All service and support starts (contractually) with the mobile service providers, the original resellers, or authorized service centers (it varies by region and issue). Each of those can escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require enhanced support, but contractually BlackBerry can provide no "front line" support to end users for anything, for that is (contractually) the responsibility of others.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.