Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

maxcw
My Device: Torch

Torch & Ford My SYNC

Up until yesterday my phone was working flawlessly with ford MY SYNC

Now when I turn on bluetooth it says the media controller is connected but handfree gets a red x beside it.

The display on the vehicle shows I have a bluetooth connection but it just says phone not available.

I've pulled the battery a number of times, deleted the phone from the list of paired devices on the vehicle

paired the phone again and I still get the same result. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Contributor
rwhowes
My Device: Torch 9800 and Q10

Re: Torch & Ford My SYNC

Have you gone to Ford sync my ride and updated software to your vehicle.   Completely remove your BB from your Ford sync system and shut down your vehicle for 30 minutes and then reload it by pairing your vehicle and phone.  Make sure that you sync them again and your red X on your Bluetooth should disappear.  Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on your phone before doing this.  

New Contributor
DGFordFusion
My Device: Torch 9800

I have the same problem.

2008 Ford Fusion with Sync. 

They have worked flawlessly togther for 4 years, no problems.

Suddenly the phone sync stopped working, only Bluetooth audio. 

Updated Sync on car, deleted device on car and on BB, no luck, still only bluetooth audio.

Taked to Ford they suggested I disconnect the battery cable from the car for 10 mins to reset Sync box.

This worked for two days then back to only Bluetooth audio. 

My G/F bought a new Ford escape last week, I sync her Torch 9800 with the new Escape in 2 mins without problem . Works fantastic!!

Tried to sync my 9800, only Bluetooth audio on her car yet her phone works. 

Soo...the problem is my phone.

Suggestions on a fix?

Contributor
rwhowes

Try your sync with BB desktop.  You might have to remove and re install BB desktop.  Make sure you have everything backup before doing this.  Then try to re sync with your vehicle.

New Contributor
DGFordFusion
My Device: Torch 9800

Thank you for the reply.

My problem is with the BB 9800 connecting as a phone to the "Microsoft/Ford Sync" via Bluetooth. Something it was doing great for 4 years and suddenly now only connects as a  "Bluetooth media" player. 

Not sure what you mean try sync with my BB desktop? My computer doesn't have Bluetooth.

Contributor
rwhowes

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/bd-p/torch    Go to this site might help you in your search.  I had the same problem which was caused by my Blackberry Desktop Software Glitch.  But mine is working fine now.   I also use BB 9800 torch which is now working fine.  Never had any problems till lately but now it is working great again.