Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

ukcruiser
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK

Torch & SAP Bluetooth - really poor show!

Hi All,

I changed my car to a Skoda, running VW / Audi's rSAP based Bluetooth hands free. 

The system it's self is top class, and works faultlessly with a Nokia phone, be it a e51 or 6300.

The same however, can not be said for the Torch.

Sometimes it connects, sometimes it just shuts down the phone and does not connect and other time's it just refuses to connect altogether! 

This is my 1st blackberry, and i changed to it from an iPhone, it's working really well, but i changed to it for the SAP functionality. 

Does or has anyone else had an issue with the Torch and SAP bluetooth?

I'm sick to the back teeth of it, but on the whole, and impressed with the phone..

Software is v6.0.0.246 (Bundle 695, Platform 6.4.0.105) and is running from Orange UK. 

Thanks in advance for any help,

Al. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jamief1
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Torch & SAP Bluetooth - really poor show!

I've just switched from an 8800 to a Torch and have an Audi with MMI High.  The 8800 always connected using Hands Free Profile.  The Torch initially connected using SIM Access Profile, but the phone book wasn't accessible.

After reading up on this, I discovered that the profile selected depends on which device searches for which.  On the Torch, if you get the phone to search for the car, it connects using Hand Free Profile, and you get all the functionality I'm used to (i.e. phone book).  If the car searches for the phone, it uses SAP, which has the advantage of better reception and phone battery usage, but no phone book.  I don't know if the lack of phone book is a Blackberry thing or an Audi thing.  The car's software pre-dates the Torch by a couple of years.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
b_wilson2
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Torch & SAP Bluetooth - really poor show!

My Audi Q7 with MMI does not appear to be able to switch from searching or not.  Can you tell how you went about the connection?  Mine connects, no phone book, and will not automatically reconnect. I need to do manually every time, even though the each recognize each other.

Please use plain text.