Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9600 Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Torch and BES 4.1.3.18

[ Edited ]

We have a client that uses BES 4.1.3.18 server who is having problems with their Torch. The device will sync with BES, we have the client do a wipe and remove their profile from BES. After their device has rebooted we recreate their account in BES and assign a new password to it. The user runs enterprise activation and the device syncs without any problems.

The problem is their address book database gets to 97% and fails, plus they can't see all their old emails and calendar stuff prior to September.

Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the device or BES?

Thanks

Andrew

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Torch and BES 4.1.3.18

xbasesupport wrote:

We have a client that uses BES 4.1.3.18 server who is having problems with their Torch. The device will sync with BES, we have the client do a wipe and remove their profile from BES. After their device has rebooted we recreate their account in BES and assign a new password to it. The user runs enterprise activation and the device syncs without any problems.

The problem is their address book database gets to 97% and fails, plus they can't see all their old emails and calendar stuff prior to September.

Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the device or BES?

Thanks

Andrew

Prepopulation

KB11632 - How to increase the number of email messages sent to a BlackBerry smartphone during the en...

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

For subfolders you have to enable them first.

KB11434 - No messages are displayed in subfolders following enterprise activation

Have you tried a wired activation with Desktop manager and turn up logging to see where the issue might be for contacts?

Also if it is full BES, might be a good idea to update to SP6 or higher so users can have HTML email and seerch the mail server for older emails.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V