Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
digitalgraffiti
My Device: Torch

Torch and accurate sync to Outlook 2007

My carrier will soon be transferring ownership to AT&T. When that happens, we are required to get a new phone, I want to upgrade to Torch.

My questions is: Will the Torch accurately sync to Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. My previous phone was a Motorola Q9c and synced fine to Vista but will not synch to Windows 7. That phone dies and I am using now a HTC Hero that everytime is snycs to my contacts on Outlook it puts all my contacts in by Contacts first name. It does not allow me to show by Company name, and anyplace there is only a Company name with no person contact, the HTC only shows a phone # in the contacts list. I have over 600 contacts in my list, and I have most "filed as" company name then contact person's name, which it the way I need it to work.

So I need to make sure that when syncing to the Torch, it will sync to Outlook exactly the way I have my Contacts set up.

Any help would sure be appreciated before I spend the money on this phone. Sure would not want to waste money like I did with the HTC Hero. That phone is the worst thing I have ever seen. Of course it is more of a social phone, I want a work phone!

Bob
Digital Graffiti

Contributor
TwistedKitty
My Device: Torch 9800; OS 6

Re: Torch and accurate sync to Outlook 2007

It works flawlessly with Outlook 2007.

New Contributor
digitalgraffiti
My Device: Torch

That is what i was hoping to hear!  Thanks. Appreciate your help.

lwagner
My Device: Torch 9800

I'm having trouble synching (wirelessly) new appointments that I've set up on my desktop computer. They don't show up on my Torch. Other appts that are sent by others do come through though. i'm on a Torch, software version 6.0, bundle 278. Desktop is running Outlook 2007. I am getting emails.

Any suggestions? if I can't get this working, I'm going to have to switch phones, which I don't want to do...

Thanks!