Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

chlau222
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Torch deleting my email messages more than 30 days

My Torch has been deleting my email messages that are more than 30 days old although I have made setting to keep all my messages as <forever>. I am using gmail and my messages have not been deleted on my gmail.. anyone pls help ??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Torch deleting my email messages more than 30 days

This happens to me and others that I know as well. It's not specific to the Torch, it seems to be attributable to the Gmail plugin for BlackBerry. I too have the "keep forever" setting turned on.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

setting to forever applies to new emails and not the existing ones

I dont know if the plugin does it at 30 regardless of the setting and will take 30 days to know for sure

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
derekh4
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]

Yes, new Gmail emails older than 30 days disappear on the BB with the Gmail plugin even with the "forever" setting.  You have to use the "search remotely" to find any email messages beyond 30 days.  If you Google "Blackberry Gmail 30 days" and you will find posts like this:

Crackberry

Google Forums

Please use plain text.