Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Torch didn't auto-update time for DST

As you can see from the title, by Torch didn't update the time automatically for the change over for DST last night. I've fully updated my OS and tried to synch the time up through the computer but it didn't work. Any thoughts/help besides using manual update or changing my time zone?

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Torch didn't auto-update time for DST

In the date/time settings do you have it set for "Automatic?"  Do you have the proper time zone entered?  I don't recommend using the time sync in Desktop Manager as the device will pick up network time on it's own.  What does the "network time" say?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. It's set for automatic, set up for the right time zone (Eastern), and the network time is still set for pre-DST (so, one hour behind the actual time zone current time).

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

So the network time is correct? Just hit menu key and select "update time".

What os version is on your device? Just use universal search and type "version". Then touch the result under "Options". The OS version is on the 3rd line and starts with "v"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks! Updating the time worked.

Guru I

It should have happened automatically. That's why I wanted to know your OS version.