Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
prybar-kc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Torch folders disappear

My Torch keeps losing my folders requiring a battery pull to reinstate/be seen.  This routinely happens after a few hours of use. 

I created a Download folder and placed most of my 3rd party apps there and it disappears as well.  While I can scroll or page and Favorites, All, Frequent and Download headings appear, the apps are all over the place.  The Media folder shows up as a full page sized folder under ALL and nothing ever shows up under  Favorites.  It is difficult to describe clearly.

I did 5 battery pulls yesterday and waited overnite for the folders to disappear this last time.  I have been researching forums and the downloaded 9800 Users Manual.  I have also removed my 8Gb SD card which I did not reformat and reload before installing. 

I really like the 9800, (coming from the 9000.)  I'm trying to be patient and resolve this vice going back to AT&T for another handset.

Suggestions or recommendations welcome.

thx

New Contributor
prybar-kc

Re: Torch folders disappear

Resolved my problem by clicking the I/O key which returns me to HOME/ALL.

New Contributor
raflatooni
My Device: Blackberry 9800 torch

Hello i am new to blackbery smartphones and have a new torch where is the i/o you mention as a fix for apps disappearing from favorites folders.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Hmmm... I have several folders set up in mine, none disappear on me.  In fact, I have several folders made under "All" called - Fave Sites, Voice & Text, Planning & Tasks, Productivity, Social Networking, IM, Applications, Media, Games, SysTools.

I just use the touchscreen, point and hold my finger for a few seconds on an icon, and then a menu will appear.  From there, I can choose to mark/unmark as favorite (so it shows up in the Favorites section), move (it up/down the current list), move to folder, hide/unhide, launch, and full menu.

By using the above method to mark an app/icon as a favorite, it will show up in your favorites section until you "unmark" it as a fave.  I sometimes do this by accident, so I've had to play with the screen sensitivity settings so that I'm not accidentally hiding, fave'ing, or deleting stuff. :smileyvery-happy:

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
New Contributor
vlowell
My Device: Z10

I've had mine since mid-August and have similar issues: Favorite icons vanish - typically after a required reboot (using Alt-Right Shift-Del sequence on pull-down keyboard) to recover from a freeze. Usually several icons are "gone" despite still being marked as Favorites in the ALL screen/page. I unmark them and re-mark them and they reappear under Favorites. Of course I'm getting a bit bored with doing this repeatedly... about 3-4 times/week at least... :smileysad:

CrypticAzn wrote:

Hmmm... I have several folders set up in mine, none disappear on me.  In fact, I have several folders made under "All" called - Fave Sites, Voice & Text, Planning & Tasks, Productivity, Social Networking, IM, Applications, Media, Games, SysTools.

I just use the touchscreen, point and hold my finger for a few seconds on an icon, and then a menu will appear.  From there, I can choose to mark/unmark as favorite (so it shows up in the Favorites section), move (it up/down the current list), move to folder, hide/unhide, launch, and full menu.

By using the above method to mark an app/icon as a favorite, it will show up in your favorites section until you "unmark" it as a fave.  I sometimes do this by accident, so I've had to play with the screen sensitivity settings so that I'm not accidentally hiding, fave'ing, or deleting stuff. :smileyvery-happy:

CrypticAzn wrote:

Topspin (as in tennis, not PR!)
wagmanallday

Hmm. I did the one and only update yesterday and now I am having this issue.  only "text messages, which appears on everyone's All screen, is marked as a "Favorite" and has been.  Since yesterday and the download/reboot, it will not stay in my Favorites folder longer than a few hours and disappears!!  Like vanishes.  So, I go back to the All and mark it again as a Fave and it goes back.  I have repeated this 5 times in 24 hours.  It is the ONLY icon doing this, all my others are solidly there and have not vanished.  It's also my most utilized.

cr0722
My Device: Torch 9800

You're not alone.  The same thing has been happening to me since I downloaded the new OS.  Nothing I seem to try helps.