Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
prybar-kc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Torch folders disappear

My Torch keeps losing my folders requiring a battery pull to reinstate/be seen.  This routinely happens after a few hours of use. 

I created a Download folder and placed most of my 3rd party apps there and it disappears as well.  While I can scroll or page and Favorites, All, Frequent and Download headings appear, the apps are all over the place.  The Media folder shows up as a full page sized folder under ALL and nothing ever shows up under  Favorites.  It is difficult to describe clearly.

I did 5 battery pulls yesterday and waited overnite for the folders to disappear this last time.  I have been researching forums and the downloaded 9800 Users Manual.  I have also removed my 8Gb SD card which I did not reformat and reload before installing. 

I really like the 9800, (coming from the 9000.)  I'm trying to be patient and resolve this vice going back to AT&T for another handset.

Suggestions or recommendations welcome.

thx

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prybar-kc

Re: Torch folders disappear

Resolved my problem by clicking the I/O key which returns me to HOME/ALL.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raflatooni
My Device: Blackberry 9800 torch
My Carrier: at&t

Hello i am new to blackbery smartphones and have a new torch where is the i/o you mention as a fix for apps disappearing from favorites folders.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Hmmm... I have several folders set up in mine, none disappear on me.  In fact, I have several folders made under "All" called - Fave Sites, Voice & Text, Planning & Tasks, Productivity, Social Networking, IM, Applications, Media, Games, SysTools.

I just use the touchscreen, point and hold my finger for a few seconds on an icon, and then a menu will appear.  From there, I can choose to mark/unmark as favorite (so it shows up in the Favorites section), move (it up/down the current list), move to folder, hide/unhide, launch, and full menu.

By using the above method to mark an app/icon as a favorite, it will show up in your favorites section until you "unmark" it as a fave.  I sometimes do this by accident, so I've had to play with the screen sensitivity settings so that I'm not accidentally hiding, fave'ing, or deleting stuff. :smileyvery-happy:

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vlowell
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT - but maybe not for long

I've had mine since mid-August and have similar issues: Favorite icons vanish - typically after a required reboot (using Alt-Right Shift-Del sequence on pull-down keyboard) to recover from a freeze. Usually several icons are "gone" despite still being marked as Favorites in the ALL screen/page. I unmark them and re-mark them and they reappear under Favorites. Of course I'm getting a bit bored with doing this repeatedly... about 3-4 times/week at least... :smileysad:

CrypticAzn wrote:

Hmmm... I have several folders set up in mine, none disappear on me.  In fact, I have several folders made under "All" called - Fave Sites, Voice & Text, Planning & Tasks, Productivity, Social Networking, IM, Applications, Media, Games, SysTools.

I just use the touchscreen, point and hold my finger for a few seconds on an icon, and then a menu will appear.  From there, I can choose to mark/unmark as favorite (so it shows up in the Favorites section), move (it up/down the current list), move to folder, hide/unhide, launch, and full menu.

By using the above method to mark an app/icon as a favorite, it will show up in your favorites section until you "unmark" it as a fave.  I sometimes do this by accident, so I've had to play with the screen sensitivity settings so that I'm not accidentally hiding, fave'ing, or deleting stuff. :smileyvery-happy:

CrypticAzn wrote:

Topspin (as in tennis, not PR!)
Please use plain text.
wagmanallday

Hmm. I did the one and only update yesterday and now I am having this issue.  only "text messages, which appears on everyone's All screen, is marked as a "Favorite" and has been.  Since yesterday and the download/reboot, it will not stay in my Favorites folder longer than a few hours and disappears!!  Like vanishes.  So, I go back to the All and mark it again as a Fave and it goes back.  I have repeated this 5 times in 24 hours.  It is the ONLY icon doing this, all my others are solidly there and have not vanished.  It's also my most utilized.

Please use plain text.
cr0722
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

You're not alone.  The same thing has been happening to me since I downloaded the new OS.  Nothing I seem to try helps.

Please use plain text.