Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tec602
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch screen lock button I think I found a cure!

One temporary fix for the sensitivity.

The actual lock switch is located directly under the printed lock symbol, if you make a tiny folded paper square about 2 to 3 layers (like a piece cut from a post it) folded into a ~5MM square and place it just next to the switch towards the corner of the phone and not on top of the switch (you have to carefully lift the top plastic and slide it in).  The pressure required to activate the switch can be increased.  You may have to "fine tune" your paper thickness and placement, after two trys I had it pretty good and pressing the top corner of the phone wouldn't even activate the LOCK mode, I had to press where the lock symbol is printed to activate it. 

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrjoex3
My Device: Torch 9800 garbage
My Carrier: Bell

Re: You can lock the screen to avoid pressing it accidentally.

You are full of it bud. Unless your "jogging" on eggs, perhaps the Berry wouldn't move around. But the slightest movement in your pocket presses in that key at the top left of the device. Poor design by RIM. Two thumbs down to the Torch. Very disappointing device in many ways, this is just one of them.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrjoex3
My Device: Torch 9800 garbage
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Torch screen lock button

The following solution works for me:

1. Navigate to: Options -> Security -> Password

2. Enable Password

3. Save and go back to home screen

4. Press ALT + ENTER key together locks the screen requiring a password to get into Berry

Note: Must ensure option to "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked" remains unckecked or else this solution will not prevent "Pocket Dialing" which is very frustrating and depending on the situation can potenially be embarrasing.

Hope you find that this solution works for you

-MrJoeX3

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mommacheese
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

: Torch screen lock button-- help

There is no solution to the problem with the Torch.  I have a password lock on my phone.  If you put it in your pocket then it somehow tries to open it and i pocket dial the password.  Which you only have 10 tries, so you can't do that.  When I talk on the phone, my face constantly hits the buttons.  I put people on hold, i mute them, i turn off all the connections and sometimes, it'll just roll thru the entire menu and open **bleep** up!!!!!  This is driving me to the brink of insanity!!  has anyone found a simple solution.  i have the slider lock app and i try to lock it when i get a call but thats not working either!!!!  HELP :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: : Torch screen lock button-- help

Best solution is to use a holster or a pocket that has a sleep magnet in it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mommacheese

great idea for the holster and all but that wont work while you're actually on the phone.  or do you mean get like a case of some kind?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont usually use my phone often with out a Blue Tooth head set.

best thing to do is to apply the top of phone to your face so the face detection sensor will see you and blank it out.

I stood in front of a mirror for a few minutes to see how it was best for making calls as I did put a few on hold at first

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mommacheese

thanks i'll try that, but i doubt it will work!  My next step is to upgrade my phone which is end of August!  I have had way too many problems with this phone, the face dialing & putting peeps on hold and the opening of all the apps is just some of them.  When i upgrade, i will never touch this torch ever again!! not even as a back up! This is the worse phone ever!  And i remember being in love with it before it even came out.  arrrrg!  it's gonna become a new fixture within the pavement!   Thanks for your help!  I'll try what you said in the meanwhile

Please use plain text.