Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
jsonnen
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Torch screen lock button

The only way to get around it so far is to download a swipe lock app. I currently use swipelock and it did the trick, and I really dont moind if the lock button is pushed because it'll do nothing
Please use plain text.
Contributor
theogluck
My Device: Not Specified

vanys wrote:

Hello, could you exactly explain how you managed to lock the screen through the password lock function ? (what is exactly the path you took from the home screen to the password lock)

I did set up a password lock but when I receive call, the screen buttons are still working (mute, speaker etc.). I don't really understand the terms "setting convenience key" (Sorry, I speak French).

Thanks for your help.

The CONVENIENCE KEY is on the right side of the phone (as you look at the screen) below the volume up-and-down buttons

Select "OPTIONS" and choose "Device"

Select "Convenience Key" when in the "Device" list

Use the drop down menu to select what function you would like the "Convenience Key" to engage

Please use plain text.
AEB
AEB
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

When i press my lock button it locks but for about 1 or 2 seconds and then it unlocks without touching the button.

I have downloaded the Patternlock app and it works perfectly for locking the screen, the problem is that the backlight won't turn off, and it wastes battery. 

What can i do?

Thank you for your help. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
RIMdOC
My Device: TORCH 9800

There is an easy solution to this without having to install any apps or using the password feature.

From Main Menu

> Options

> Typing and Input

> Touch Screen Sensitivity

> Swipe Sensitivity > set to 0

This is how I have my device set and it doesnt unlock accidently, dial numbers in my pocket etc.  Touch screen still works with a notable difference but in my opinion better.  Phone still unlocks when charger pluged in, however this is not such a harrowing flaw.  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nlevinson
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Can anyone tell me if their "lock" button at the top left of the Torch is a button (with a click) or just a touch-sensitive type button?  the top-right mute button on my Torch actually clicks, while the lock button just needs a swipe on my unit.  Is my unit defective making my problem here even worse? 

Very frustrating.  Button was in same location on Bold and it worked fine. 

Also I bought the Otter Commuter case and it seems that the case made it worse - lock goes on and off constantly as I hold it.  what cases did you get that made the problem less severe?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

both of my top buttons click like the volume keys do but with a lil less pressure to make them click.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeoBenneker
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: KPN

[ Edited ]

encountering the same problem: when clicking the lock button on top, it unlocks after 1-2 seconds. Worked fine in the beginnng. Does the Torch have an automatic screen saver, that also locks?

Where do I get the Patternlock app?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

LeoBenneker wrote:

Where do I get the Patternlock app?

Pattern lock

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1524

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeoBenneker
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: KPN

OK, app installed. Still annoyed that the lock/unlock button doesn't work anymore. Furthermore, the screen backlight won't go out, which means that the batteries run empty within a day. Any other suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On Device Type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Please use plain text.