Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch

Re: Torch screen lock button

Come on Blackberry...dont be another apple and not update a problem!

Who on earth tested this product for you? Send me your phones for testing....it was the first thing i noticed within 30seconds of it turning on...whoever tested this needs sacked! its rediculous that they aren't fixing this properly!

New Contributor
My Device: Rim 9800 Torch

Well, I recently got a two piece hard plastic case that seems to solve the problem.  It's just a bandaid though, seems silly to have to fix a high-tech electronic device with a plastic cover.

Oco
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Pattern lock lite features must be part of BB OS.

Anyways thanks a lot there is such a free app :smileywink:

My Device: Blackberry Torch

This was a problem on other blackberries before and they didn't do anything about it.  I literally came from an iPhone to this, it's ridiculous that in the modern era you cannot simply lock the phone and prevent the backlight from coming on

This used to be resolved with a program called AutoStandby but that hasn't been updated in ages..

Anyone have any advice about what we can do?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please read through the whole thread, there are several solutions for an app

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Exceptionally simple and elegant solution in the interim.  Execellent suggestion.

Thanks!

Theo

Studio CIty, CA

lFlameZz wrote:

Sort of a solution that i found in like 30 mins of having the phone and it unlocking itself lol.

Turn password ON and then set the convenience key to password lock, this way to call you have to unlock the phone with the PASSWORD not a crappy little button that tbh is a waste of space. Personally I'm waiting for a slide lock app similar to the iphone screen lock to come out for free, but until then the password lock will do. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Yes, setting convenience key to password lock is the best fix without having to download an app.

I lost that button, but at least I won't be butt-dialing my friends.

theogluck wrote:

Exceptionally simple and elegant solution in the interim.  Execellent suggestion.

Thanks!

Theo

Studio CIty, CA

lFlameZz wrote:

Sort of a solution that i found in like 30 mins of having the phone and it unlocking itself lol.

Turn password ON and then set the convenience key to password lock, this way to call you have to unlock the phone with the PASSWORD not a crappy little button that tbh is a waste of space. Personally I'm waiting for a slide lock app similar to the iphone screen lock to come out for free, but until then the password lock will do. :smileyhappy:

My Device: torch 9800

Hello, could you exactly explain how you managed to lock the screen through the password lock function ? (what is exactly the path you took from the home screen to the password lock)

I did set up a password lock but when I receive call, the screen buttons are still working (mute, speaker etc.). I don't really understand the terms "setting convenience key" (Sorry, I speak French).

Thanks for your help.

3dy
My Device: Not Specified

Solution: download the app stormslide is very usefull
New Contributor
My Device: Rim 9800 Torch

Any known issues with Stormslider?