Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

justmegeee
My Device: Torch - 9860

Torch update removed all bbm contacts..

Hey there!

So today i got a notification saying i needed to update my OS or something,so i did..

Halfway through my phone crashed out,then got stuck on the loading screen(One that happens after a battery pull)

When it eventually turned on and sorted itself out,I went onto BBM to find i had no contacts at all..

I had backed the phone up before the update had happened(through the phone) but when i looked to restore contacts through a file save/back up file..it said there was none:smileysad:

Is there anyway i can get my contacts back?

Thanks in advance,

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Torch update removed all bbm contacts..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If, before this happened, you were on BBM7, then your BBM contacts were technically stored on the BB servers, not on the device...when you log into the device using the exact same BBID credentials, your BBM contacts are shown on your device.

But, if you were not up to BBM7 when this happened, then BBM contact backup/restore was a much trickier proposition, and were NOT included as part of any "standard" backup processes. You can find instructions about that via the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post. Suffice to say that restore now depends on a source of that data having been created BEFORE this happened...if you have no backup source from which to now restore, then there is no restore possible.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code