Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Torch will not sync with Outlook Calendar

After trying any and all other solutions listed or hinted at in all the boards and communities I tried one last one: uninstalled DM6.0 and installed 5.0SP1...same problem.

My hypothesis is that during a so-called "clean uninstall" (the drastic version in the additional notes of KB02206 where it tells you  to use Find on MyComputer in the Registry and delete ALL Research and motion keys) something critical was removed.

My synch config options now only have ASCII and Yahoo! Gone Outlook, Lotus, and all the rest. Can someone provide me with what's missinng?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have now found this folder:

Documents & Settings/<user>/Application Data/Blackberry Desktop/

in which there are two folders: Yahoo Connector (with a .rca file) and Novell Groupwise Connector(empty)

As the only config option thats shows up in my synch config window is Yahoo, this must not be a coincidence!

Would an Outlook folder (and files) be missing here? and how do I get it? Can someone send me a copy???

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

For a one time solution..

[ Edited ]

Guys, this is ridiculously easy if you just want to transfer contacts the first time. Open Outlook, copy all contacts and paste into a folder called Contacts (make sure you use the business card or .vcf format). Do NOT use Imort/ Export functions, just copy paste.

Now, Copy that Contacts folder into Media Card>Blackberry>

Now just go to phone Contacts, you'll see all of them there. Easy.

To transfer from a Nokia N97 or similar, just Mark All Contacts>Copy to other memory> Copy as Business Card. Save that folder on your PC/ Mac, transfer in above way. Simple!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

So are you synching to a blackberry exchange? 

You should always setup initially your outlook wirelessly with the Torch.  try using the 5.01 version of the software

Go into setup - work then enter the email address and pw. then activate.

My Device: Torch 4 T9810
My Carrier: ATT&T

I just purchased the Torch 9810 and it will not auto sync with my MS Outlook Office; according to my IT guys its a Black Berry built in flaw that requires you to manually sync your calendars - I am taking it back today as that does not work.